Learn how to share review links of calendars for external viewing.
Sharing and Syncing your Calendar
Sharing a calendar enables you to create a publicly accessible version of the calendar that teammates can access, without needing an Assemble account. From this public link, they can also sync the calendar to Google Cal, iCal or Microsoft Outlook.
Once the calendar has been shared and your teammates have synced it to their calendar of choice, making an update to the calendar in Assemble will automatically update the calendar for everyone, regardless of which calendar platform they are using.
How to Share your Calendar
From the project's calendar page, click on the Share button in the upper right corner, and select Share Calendar Link.
This will open up the calendar share settings.
- Edit File Name: Change the name of the calendar for the review link. This will not change the name of the calendar within Assemble.
- Track Views: This will enable you to track who has viewed the calendar and when by requiring each viewer enter their email address before viewing.
- Add Password Protection: Add a password that must be entered before anyone can view the calendar link.
- Filter Calendar by Team: This setting enables you to filter the review link to only show tasks visible to certain teams.
- Custom Email: Send a custom subject line and email message with your review link.
To learn more about Teams and Private Events, click here.
Once you have selected the appropriate options, click Create Link to generate a share link. You can copy and paste this URL, or enter an email address to send the link via email from Assemble.
Tracking Who Has Viewed a Review Link
Under the Sharing tab you will see a list of all emails the link has been shared with, and a timer showing how long ago it was shared with them.
When someone has viewed a review link, a green checkmark will appear and the timer will now show how long ago they last viewed the link.
How to Sync the Calendar
Once the calendar has been shared, users can access the calendar with no Assemble account required.
To sync this calendar to the calendar application of choice, just click Sync and then follow the instructions to sync the calendar.
Learn more about syncing the calendar to Apple Cal, Google Cal and Outlook here.
Deleting a Calendar Link
To delete a review link, open the file of choice, click Share and select Share Calendar Link.
From this menu, click the Trash Can icon to delete the review link.
This will delete the link permanently, along with all review link comments, and remove any user's ability to access it.